Gatherings

We are re-evaluating this writer's group and whether or not it meets the need of women writers. Until then, all gatherings are on hold. Stay tuned for updates! Thank you for your patience. Your feedback would be helpful in making this decision.

Grace & peace,

~ deAnn Roe
director of creative arts
717-755-0089 x126

Friday, November 9, 2007

Heading for the Hills!

Our Gathering last night was small but powerful. I have some things to share about last night but right now, I'm packing up and heading for the hills! A friend and I are going "cabining" (like camping but in a rustic cabin). I'm expecting this weekend to be a huge chunk of solitude where the hibernating writer in me can emerge with confidence and dance around freely. I can't wait! It is a rustic cabin, no running water, no bathroom, but there is electricity. So I can plug in my laptop to write and write and write. However, there is no cell reception or WiFi - so I'll update this blog with thoughts of last night's gathering when I return on Sunday, hopefully thoroughly refreshed and ooooozing with creativity. Or I may just sleep the whole weekend, which sounds lovely as well. :0)

I will share one little quote from last night's discussion - "Metabolize injury into art" Julia Cameron from The Right To Write... The thought is to take life's difficulties or pain and digest them (through writing) into art. Think about that - try it - and see what happens. More later!

Have a super weekend ~ deAnn

No comments: