Gatherings

We are re-evaluating this writer's group and whether or not it meets the need of women writers. Until then, all gatherings are on hold. Stay tuned for updates! Thank you for your patience. Your feedback would be helpful in making this decision.

Grace & peace,

~ deAnn Roe
director of creative arts
717-755-0089 x126

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Inspired to Write

Inspiration. We can find it anywhere. Everywhere.
But often we don't recognize it. Or we do recognize it but we're too busy to stop, take it in and then release it through our favorite creative means. We think, "wow, that is cool! I'd like to write about that. But I'll do it later, when I have more time."

More time.
Does that actually ever happen? More time?
It would be so nice if we could walk up to a vending machine, insert a quarter, press button B5 to purchase more time. We are given the gift of 24 hours each day. I find it easy to fill it with "stuff" instead of exercising my creative muscles.

If I'm really honest, I have time. I don't need more. I need to be a better steward of the time I am given.

Writing is my passion. Writing is healing. Writing is spiritual. God speaks to me though the creative avenue of writing.

When I don't make time to write, my life suffers. My well-being is compromised.

God's creation is full of inspiration. I want to recognize it then react creatively. No excuses.

It's always the right time to write.

No comments: