Gatherings

We are re-evaluating this writer's group and whether or not it meets the need of women writers. Until then, all gatherings are on hold. Stay tuned for updates! Thank you for your patience. Your feedback would be helpful in making this decision.

Grace & peace,

~ deAnn Roe
director of creative arts
717-755-0089 x126

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Writer's Lament

Did you ever have one of those days, the lazy kind. The ones that you think "awesome, there is nothing pressing on my calendar so I can sleep in, work on my painting, cuddle up in my favorite chair with an inspiring book and the perfect cup of coffee."

Oh, the things you will accomplish on such free days!!! Yeah right. That is so not true. Not for me anyhow. Saturday was completely unstructured, something rather foreign to me. The only plan I had was to spend time being creative. And I did. Kinda. I creatively changed positions on the sofa as I perused the hundreds of channels on digital cable. Finally finding a movie worth watching. I creatively fixed up my hair and made myself look somewhat presentable for a public appearance at Lowe's. Not that you need to be all gussied up to walk the aisles lined with toilets. We didn't purchase the toilets we went there to get, but I have beautiful new lighting fixtures in my bedroom now!

It's really funny, well sad actually, how all the "free time" I had to scratch my creative itch this weekend only to do things that are less than creative. Now it's Sunday evening and I wish I took time to write something worth reading. Instead, you are left to read my lament about how undisciplined I am. Am I the only poor soul longing to expose my creativity but instead allows laziness and life to suck the creative juice right out of me?

Do you ever have those days??? They stink, huh?

I am looking forward to waking up to a new day, a day where I will embrace the creative me and will not run from her. I pray that day is tomorrow...

2 comments:

deb said...

Gee....do you have a secret camera hooked up in my living room? I so many times, regret the time I feel I let get away from me...time I feel I've wasted.
I think we all have days like that...and sometimes...I think we NEED a day like that. A day free of responsibility, a day free of thinking...a 'veg' day.

Thanks for your honesty, dee. I can really identify.

Love you,
Deb

lifelaughterchaos said...

Hey Deann...this is so cool! I only half checked out this site before. I had no idea that it focused on writing. I've been having the writing passion thing lately. I too someday hope to write that book. I'm starting to step up my blogging. However, mine is not too indepth in nature yet...it's more of finding the humorous reflections in my current life...motherhood! anyways, I would love to join your group, but with Mark's schedule I can't juggle it. Maybe I can write my book on that someday...being a Rockstar nurses wife! By the way, if you haven't heard of it before, check out the shespeaks.org website...I would love to go this conference someday.
ok, i better go. see, that's what i'm good at! rambling!
billie
www.lifelaughterchaos.blogspot.com