Gatherings

We are re-evaluating this writer's group and whether or not it meets the need of women writers. Until then, all gatherings are on hold. Stay tuned for updates! Thank you for your patience. Your feedback would be helpful in making this decision.

Grace & peace,

~ deAnn Roe
director of creative arts
717-755-0089 x126

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October Gathering Recap

Wow, what a GREAT gathering we had. We missed those of you who couldn't make it. I wanted to highlight some of the things from that night.

1.) Many of you are familiar with LW's Journal of Grace. Well, they are reformatting it to reflect personal stories of how LW's mission statement is being lived out. They also want to have a spiritual formation segment and a place for poetry and such. So, Andrea is looking for writers, people who can meet up with someone, interview them and write a "story" - something personal, not a factual report. And she would like to have writers who can contribute poems, short stores and reflections. Andrea would do all the leg work of lining up who to interview and set the deadlines. I'm really excited about this. If you are interested in more info, please email Andrea at aunger@lwccyork.com. (she's in great need of heartfelt writers and we have them in our group!)

2.) A collaborative project is underway. At our last gathering I posed the question for free writing: "If/when I wrote/write a book, it would be..." The responses were amazing! Many of you have outlines written already, book titles, chapter titles, etc. It's awesome! When we were sharing what our books would be about, Carolyn and Lauren had the same passion for a book theme. So, they are currently working on the details to pull it together! It's very exciting to see how God took their individual vision and brought them together! Divine Synergy!!! I look forward to seeing their book published!

It seems that everyone there that evening; Jane, Kim, Deb, Lauren, Carolyn has an idea or focus for the book they desire to write. Some are further down the path than others. Carolyn said about writing her book, "It will be something I do 'someday.'" Well, ladies...what is holding you back from making that "someday" be Today???

Okay, I think that was it. There have been a few days between today and our gathering, my mind is not as fresh. If I forgot anything, please let me know!

OH YEAH - I just remembered. The coffee bar at LW is looking good! The faux wood flooring is in and looks fabulous. The carpet was put in today. It's coming together nicely. We'll have art on the walls. Art created by those in our own congregation. I'd like to have a little booklet with writing pieces to have on the tables in the coffee bar. It would be a collection of poems, short stories, reflections, etc. It could be a nice booklet for people to take home and contemplate the thoughts expressed. So, I'm beginning to collect writing pieces for this little publication. (Which will be published every 9-12 weeks). Please email me at droe@lwccyork.com if you have something you'd like to share. Do not be shy! Send me your work!!!

Okay, now, I think that's all.
May each of you live in the full knowledge of God's love for you and sense His presence every day.

grace & peace,
deAnn

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Will the first publication have a specific theme?

Diane said...

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to be at the October gathering... it sounded like a wonderful, visioning time. I have always thought, like Carolyn did, that "someday" I will work on a real plan for my writing ideas. So, I am challenged as I read de Ann's summary by the question why not now?