Gatherings

We are re-evaluating this writer's group and whether or not it meets the need of women writers. Until then, all gatherings are on hold. Stay tuned for updates! Thank you for your patience. Your feedback would be helpful in making this decision.

Grace & peace,

~ deAnn Roe
director of creative arts
717-755-0089 x126

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Light and Talent

The new year is right around the corner. Like most Americans ,thoughts enter my mind of the things I'd like to change, add or delete from my life beginning January 1st. Start running again, read more, spend more quality time with God, love on my family better, see my friends with regularity, develop my creative voice ...

In today's paper, which I never read, I saw this under the Letters section, Today's Thought: "Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you." ~Henri-Frederic Amiel

On this particular day for the whole of my adult life, my mind automatically reviews the previous 364 days and how I've spent my time. Then, as always, three days later we enter the new year. How will I spend my time for the next 366 (it's a leap-year in 2008) days. Yes, we are given a gift of ONE MORE day in 2008. How will I embrace that gift?

If I take to heart the thought from Henri-Frederic, I should take serious advantage of the light I am given and take responsibility for the talent that has been entrusted to me.

What talent has been entrusted to you? Maybe, deep down, you believe it's the art of writing. Or the desire to sit before the canvas and paint the images that bubble up from your heart. It's possible that you are not sure what your talent is. But know without a shadow of doubt that you do have a talent and it's waiting to blossom from within you.

Two thousand eight is a few days away. It's my prayer that each of us treat the light we have with care and intentionally nurture the talent that has graciously and specifically been entrusted to us. Happy New Year!
~deAnn

No comments: