Gatherings

We are re-evaluating this writer's group and whether or not it meets the need of women writers. Until then, all gatherings are on hold. Stay tuned for updates! Thank you for your patience. Your feedback would be helpful in making this decision.

Grace & peace,

~ deAnn Roe
director of creative arts
717-755-0089 x126

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Am I Really Doing This?

It’s funny, for as much as I love the craft of writing, trying to come up with something for my first post is causing me so much agony. One thing I’ve learned from years of placing thoughts, feelings and reflections into words, then sentences, then paragraphs is that it’s not easy! (And I’m having one of those moments right now!) Allowing emotions to flow from your soul through your hand and onto paper can be scary. Then the idea of sharing your work with others can be completely petrifying! I’m slowly overcoming that fear and this blog site is the way to begin. I know many other women who “dabble in writing” – expressing their selves only in the privacy of their pretty journals purchased at Borders. (Which I do daily & I love those journals!). But often as we write we discover epiphanies, these God-connections that deserve freedom from the darkness between the lined pages. That’s what ReflectiveSouls is all about. A community of women, together, walking the path with Jesus, encouraging one another to free the words that long to be known and develop the gift of writing through honest verbal contributions. Yeah, that is what I’m excited about and I hope others will be too! So, pick up your pen or power up your computer and let’s begin the journey…

~deAnn (a non-professional yet confessional writer)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh boy. First of all, I'm not a blogger so I hope this shows up somewhere on Reflective Souls as a response!!

Thank you Deb and deAnn for creating this amazing opportunity. Count me in. I'm nervous and excited at the same time!

I've been writing something I call poetry since November 2006, but it's a secret :-) and I don't even know if it really is poetry. Whatever. I love writing it and feel closer to God when I do. I also know it's time for me to take the next step. It feels like a BIG step to meet with other like-minded women.

However, I'm eager to enjoy the community of other Christian women who want to draw nearer to each other and Jesus through creative expression.

See you at Panera on the 7th.

Blessings,

Julie Lichty

Anonymous said...

deAnn,
First of all, thank you for taking this leap of faith, to be willing to listen to that still, small voice that speaks to you! You amaze me, in everyday life that you paint a beautiful portrait of God with your words, in every situation, you are truly an inspiration to us all. So, yes, count me in. Im ready to ride the rapids or float over the glass like surface of a lake in a canoe. Whichever, Jesus will be there with us and he will make it an awesome ride!

Anonymous said...

Dear deAnn,
My prediction is that we will get to know each other through this BLOG in a shorter time than we would if we tried to do it the traditional way of face to face interaction only. I am very thankful, however, for the wisdom that you and Deb had in including our monthly in person times together! Innovative!

Your step into this adventure with God has ALREADY been a blessing to me - so, thank you to you and Deb. I have written more since I said 'yes' to your invitation than I have for months. I am really enjoying it. Thank you also for sending me copies of the first two chapters of the book - which I have devoured! I am really looking forward to this journey with all of you. God is able to do immeasurably more than we can even imagine. To Him be the glory! Love, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

deeAnn and Deb,

Thank you so much for creating a place for all of us to grow together in our relationship with God and each other.

God is awesome in how he gives us a desire and provides an outlet for that desire. The past couple of months have been hectic and my quiet time with God has been lukewarm at best. However, while I was in San Diego this past week for a conference I felt a strong desire to begin to journal and to seek God at a deeper level. When I came home last evening and read your blog I had to smile and recognize God's hand in guiding my life. He continues to woo us close if we only take time to listen.

I want to listen and draw close.

Sue